Tuesday, November 30, 2010

World AIDS Day 12/01/2010

I am one who have been personally affected by this disease called AIDS, in 1997 I lost my uncle to AIDS, and it was by far a painful situation.  I just remember seeing in the worst condition possible.  I have also lost a very close friend to the disease, in 2009 as well. In both situations, the disease was kept secret until it was too late.  I just remember my Grandmother telling me he was sick, I knew what was going on, but she felt like I was to young to understand.  The close friend of mine died without saying a word, his parents knew but he never told a soul about his situation.  This could have all been prevented if they would have been educated on this disease.  One attracted the disease by drug abuse, and the other homosexuality.  
I sit here just thinking about the what ifs, what if they never used drugs, what if he had protective sex male or female?  I do not have the answer to any of this, but it is my job to educate myself on this disease, so I can help educate others.  


I dedicate this blog entry to my uncle Tony and one of my closet friend Drew, I Love you and truly miss you with all my heart♥


Lets get educated people, we are responsible for ourselves, we cant point fingers anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment